Santa Fe Island (Spanish: Isla Santa Fé), also called Barrington Island after admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago, to the south east of Santa Cruz Island. Geologically it is one of the oldest, since volcanic rocks of about 4 million years old have been found. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus Opuntia echios.
The visitor sites are Barrington Bay on the northeastern side of Santa Fe island and a great sandy beach in santa Cruz island,
Great snorkeling with white tip sharks, sea turtles, rays,, colorful fish. Large numbers of sea lions are found in the bay.
Hihlights: Sea lions, Swallow-tailed gulls, Lava gulls, Shearwaters, Storm petrels, Marine iguanas, brown pelicans, White tip sharks, Sting rays, Sea turtles
- 06:30 Meeting point the REEF STORE (In front of the Tourist pier) – Our guide will be waiting for you there. Transfer from Puerto Ayora to Itabaca Chanel
- 07:00 Departure from Itabaca to Santa fe
- 09:30 Arrival to Santa Fe Bay & swimming & snorkeling in the bay
- 10:30 Wet landing in a Sandy beach (Santa Cruz) , soft walk in the beach, marine iguana, pelikans, coastal birds, etc. GREAT swimming & snorkeling.
- 12:00 Lunch on board
- 14h30 Return to Itabaca chanel
- 16h30 Arrival to the channel
- 17h30 Arrival to Puerto Ayora
- English speaking guide
- Lunch on board
- Towels, Excursions
- Coffe, tea
- drinking water.
Prices do not include:
- Snorkel equipment (For rent $5.)
- Personal expenses on board
- Services not Indicated.
WATH TO BRING & TO USE:
Small backpack (waterproof), Comfortable sandals, Shorts Trousers, T-shirts, Long and Short sleeved shirts Windbreaker, Bathing suit, Wet suit (for snorkeling between June – November), Hat or cap, Toilette kit, Sun block, Sunglasses, Binoculars, Camera & camcorder
Make your reservation now, leave us your information PRICE: $ 150
follow this link and make your reservation.
(*) We reserve the right to make changes in itineraries without prior notice if considered appropriate due to security at air, force majeure, natural disasters, or any consideration at our Captain’s or Representative’s discretion, without being liable for refunds of any kind.